Fire - Smoke - Soot
Fire, under any circumstance, is devastating. We handle each job with care, integrity and respect; we understand your most precious assets may be damaged and irreplaceable. We are here for you and will go above and beyond to make the restoration process as easy on you as humanly possible.
- Immediate response to emergency situations by us, an IICRC Certified Firm in Fire & Smoke Restoration.
- We scope out the extent of damage, limiting any further damage to property. We check for water damage in your structure and contents by using moisture sensors, meters and hygrometers in order to take appropriate steps to dry-out.
- We apply an antimicrobial, if needed. We can also “Go GREEN!” Ask us how.
- Content restoration – we inspect, sort, decontaminate, clean, pack, store, and inventory contents.
- Furnace and duct cleaning & sanitizing.
- Thermo fogging, which applies a smoke & odor neutralizer to all areas that the smoke has reached.
- Cleaning and deoderizing – walls, ceilings, fixtures, appliances, floor coverings, window coverings and cabinets affected.
- Ozone machine – to disinfect and deoderize all affected areas.
- All structural and finishing work is done by Disaster Recon.
- Prompt, ethical and efficient handling of insurance claims.
- The final inspection of the finished restoration job, and the signing of Certificate of Completion and Satisfaction with property owner.
Do’s and Dont’s of Fire and Smoke
Things you SHOULD do
- Limit the movement and keep hands clean in the structure to prevent soot particles from being permeated into carpet, upholstery, walls and woodwork causing more damage.
- Clean and protect chrome trim on kitchen appliances, bathroom faucets, tub fittings, cupboard handles etc. with a light coating of vaseline or other oil.
- Remove pets (especially birds) to a clean environment.
- Open windows for ventilation.
- Empty freezer and refrigerator completely if electricity is off; prop doors open and wash plants with water on both sides of leaves (water softner helps).
- Blow off or brush vacuum loose smoke particles from upholstery, drapery and carpet.
- Pour antifreeze in toilet bowls and sinks and tubs to prevent freezing if heat is off in winter. Call plumber to drain heating system if heat is off in winter.
- Change furnace filter.
- Tape double layers of cheese cloth over air registers.
Things you SHOULD NOT do
- Wipe or wash walls, ceilings or other absorbent surfaces.
- Use upholstered furniture.
- Use exposed food items or canned goods which have been subjected to excessive heat.
- Use television, stereos or electrical appliances until cleaned & checked.
- Send smoked garments to an ordinary dry cleaner – may set smoke & odor.
- Use do-it-yourself home carpet or upholstery cleaners.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet – wiring may be damaged.
Use the following contact form to get a quick response from Water Damage Cleveland. We would be happy to give you a free consultation and help you out with your reconstruction needs.